- Cats don't walk on the balls and heels of their feet- they walk on their toes. This is known as being digitigrade.
- Cats can retract the claws on their front paws but not on their back claws. This leads to their front claws being sharper than their rear claws
- Cats have 5 toes and 7 pads on their front paws and only 4 toes and 5 pads on the rear paws
- Their paw pads are usually similar in color to their coat. Example black cats usually have black pads and grey cats usually have grey pads, etc.
- Your cats paws have scent glands. This is one way they mark their territory.
- Cats sweat thru their paw pads. They will do this to cool down but will also sweat if under stress.
Thursday, February 2, 2017
Interesting Facts About Your Cats Paws
You may not think about your cats' paws all too often but here are some interesting facts you might want to know.